Ewon TechForum
Providing technical solutions to technical requests

DataMailBox to Azure
simon Offline
eWON Support
Sebastian Brandes, Tech Evangelist at Microsoft has developed a very nice DataMailbox Gateway for Microsoft Azure IOTHub.  Thanks to him for this very nice job.
This one is available on : https://github.com/sebastianbk/DataMailbox2Azure

The idea is that you can compile it with Visual Studio and run it on any kind of servers (For ex on a VM in Azure).

IHC Offline
(12-01-2017, 11:55 AM)Simon Wrote: Sebastian Brandes, Tech Evangelist at Microsoft has developed a very nice DataMailbox Gateway for Microsoft Azure IOTHub.  Thanks to him for this very nice job.
This one is available on : https://github.com/sebastianbk/DataMailbox2Azure

The idea is that you can compile it with Visual Studio and run it on any kind of servers (For ex on a VM in Azure).

Hello Simon,

I'm trying to connect my Azure IoT hub with Datamailbox, but I'm having some difficulties.

Things I did until now:
-       Configured my eWon so it will push data to the datamailbox
-       Created an IoT hub in Azure. Type s1 standard (400k), I think that is alright?
-       Created an Json file with my settings.

So now I am at the part the instruction says, Running DataMailBox2Azure. 

dotnet restore
dotnet build

I don’t understand how to execute these commands?  I did download the .Net Core Tools, but I'm not familiar with using them. Can you please help me? 

jhinsch Offline
Hi 
For your information, Sebastian's solution does not work as expected.
If you want eWON to Azure, read more about IIoT, BI and eWON data2action.se 

Br Jacob Hinsch

Comeon Offline
Hello,

I'm looking to try and connect my Flexy DataMailBox to Azure IoT hub. I have tags already being pushed to my DataMailBox. I just can't find a solution get the data to Azure IoT. I need the data to come from the mailbox and not from the flexy. Has this topic expanded somewhere else? 

Thanks for any help!

jhinsch Offline
(17-10-2018, 09:27 PM)Comeon Wrote: Hello,

I'm looking to try and connect my Flexy DataMailBox to Azure IoT hub. I have tags already being pushed to my DataMailBox. I just can't find a solution get the data to Azure IoT. I need the data to come from the mailbox and not from the flexy. Has this topic expanded somewhere else? 

Thanks for any help!

Hi

Do you want the data moved from DataMailBox to an Azure SQL ?  Or how do you want the solution ?
Have a look at this DataMailBox to Azure SQL

Br Jacob Hinsch

mzapatav Offline
(17-10-2018, 10:06 PM)jhinsch Wrote:

Thanks for any help!

Hi

Do you want the data moved from DataMailBox to an Azure SQL ?  Or how do you want the solution ?

Br Jacob Hinsch
I want to that software Machine2Cloud, can I have a demo or price of license?

jhinsch Offline
(14-01-2019, 07:46 PM)mzapatav Wrote:
(17-10-2018, 10:06 PM)jhinsch Wrote:

Thanks for any help!

Hi

Br Jacob Hinsch
I want to that software Machine2Cloud, can I have a demo or price of license?

Hi, yes I can make a demo video. I also working on a new version (in C++) that "send" the data to a time series database for this I use Timescale DB, timescale is open source and on top of Postgres it can run on Windows and Linux. 
feel free to contact me on linkedin if you have any questions or request.

Br. Jacob Hinsch / DATA2ACTION AB

Nick_ARCsom Offline
For those interested: I made a working connector that syncs data from DataMailbox to MS Azure.
It's a .NET Core app that can run as a lightweight console application on Windows or as a WebApp directly on MS Azure.

Feel free to contact me via PM or https://www.arcsom.be

Possibly Related Threads…
  DataMailBox CSV Generator Started by simon
3 Replies - 3.262 Views
31-03-2020, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Lonny
19-03-2020, 10:16 AM
Last Post: simon
18-12-2019, 10:42 AM
19-11-2019, 01:54 PM