Switch to desktop version  
eWON configuration - Printable Version

+- Ewon Technical Forum (https://techforum.ewon.biz)
+-- Forum: Development (https://techforum.ewon.biz/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: Ewon Embedded Technology (https://techforum.ewon.biz/forum-51.html)
+---- Forum: Ewon Internet Connectivity (https://techforum.ewon.biz/forum-5.html)
+---- Thread: eWON configuration (/thread-236.html)

eWON configuration - avtel - 20-02-2017

Hello,
I am trying to configure eWON cosy 131, but I have a problem with step Talk2me. Our IT provided us a static ip, gateway and dns and as far I can see eWON connects to internet but VPN connection test fails. What would be the case?

Thank you

RE: eWON configuration - simon - 22-02-2017

Try to use the TCP mode. When you run the talk2m wizard, click on "more" and then "force tcp mode"

RE: eWON configuration - hickssh - 30-05-2017

Simon, can you elaborate on what situation you would suggest using "force tcp mode"? Are there things in the event log that would indicate this setting should be checked?

RE: eWON configuration - jiayuan0727 - 05-06-2017

(20-02-2017, 05:01 PM)avtel Wrote: Hello,
I am trying to configure eWON cosy 131, but I have a problem with step Talk2me. Our IT provided us a static ip, gateway and dns and as far I can see eWON connects to internet but VPN connection test fails. What would be the case?

Thank you

Have you fixed this problem? i have the same, but not fixed even through "Force to TCP"

RE: eWON configuration - simon - 06-06-2017

When the eWON performs the Talk2M wizard, it makes the following things :
1. Test the WAN connection
2. Test if a UDP connection can be done.
3. Get the VPN settings via an HTTPS (TCP 443) connection.
4. Test the VPN connection according to test #2 --> In UDP if test #2 is ok and in TCP if not.

However, sometimes this last step cannot work because :
- The firewall is able to detect OpenVPN connection over UDP and blocks it. So the UDP test may work and the VPN connection not. In that case, "force tcp mode" is a good idea.
- The IP of the VPN server is blocked by the firewall (IP used for the step 3 is different than the one used for step 4). In that case, you can check the IP of the VPN server in the Real Time logs of the eWON and see with the IT person if this one is allowed or now (In TCP443 or UDP1194).

For the problem of Xinji, it is maybe different because I guess you are located in China ? If yes, we have to make sure the VPN server you use is well the Chinese one --> Check in the realtime log whether the VPN server address starts with 180.x.x.x

RE: eWON configuration - jiayuan0727 - 12-06-2017

(06-06-2017, 10:50 AM)Simon Wrote: When the eWON performs the Talk2M wizard, it makes the following things :
1. Test the WAN connection
2. Test if a UDP connection can be done.
3. Get the VPN settings via an HTTPS (TCP 443) connection.
4. Test the VPN connection according to test #2 --> In UDP if test #2 is ok and in TCP if not.

However, sometimes this last step cannot work because :
- The firewall is able to detect OpenVPN connection over UDP and blocks it.  So the UDP test may work and the VPN connection not.  In that case, "force tcp mode" is a good idea.
- The IP of the VPN server is blocked by the firewall (IP used for the step 3 is different than the one used for step 4). In that case, you can check the IP of the VPN server in the Real Time logs of the eWON and see with the IT person if this one is allowed or now (In TCP443 or UDP1194).

For the problem of Xinji, it is maybe different because I guess you are located in China ? If yes, we have to make sure the VPN server you use is well the Chinese one --> Check in the realtime log whether the VPN server address starts with 180.x.x.x
Thanks Simon. I am in the UK actually. I ran the talk2m Wizard and got this 

WAN connection    Sucess
[font=arial, georgia, times,]UDP connection   UDP some errors (not all tests were successful)[/font]
[font=arial, georgia, times,][font=arial, georgia, times,]HTTP direct connection Sucess[/font][/font]
[font=arial, georgia, times,][font=arial, georgia, times,][font=arial, georgia, times,]HTTP Proxy connection Operation skipped[/font][/font][/font]
[font=arial, georgia, times,][font=arial, georgia, times,][font=arial, georgia, times,][font=arial, georgia, times,]Test VPN connection  [font=arial, georgia, times,]VPN connection timeout  [/font][/font][/font][/font][/font]

[font=arial, georgia, times,][font=arial, georgia, times,][font=arial, georgia, times,][font=arial, georgia, times,]Real time event (lastest comes first):[/font][/font][/font][/font]
[font=arial, georgia, times,][font=arial, georgia, times,][font=arial, georgia, times,][font=arial, georgia, times,][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]12/06/2017 15:19:40  VPN   SIGTERM[hard,] received, process exiting  
12/06/2017 15:19:40  VPN   event_wait : Interrupted system call (code=4)  
12/06/2017 15:17:40  VPN   TCPv4_CLIENT link remote: 92.52.111.209:443  
12/06/2017 15:17:40  VPN   TCPv4_CLIENT link local: [undef]  
12/06/2017 15:17:40  VPN   TCP connection established with 92.52.111.209:443  
12/06/2017 15:17:40  VPN   Attempting to establish TCP connection with 92.52.111.209:443  
12/06/2017 15:17:40  VPN   LZO compression initialized  
12/06/2017 15:17:40  VPN   OpenVPN 2.0.9 arm-ewon-linux-gnueabi [SSL] [LZO] [EPOLL] build date removed  
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]

The site confirm that both UDP and TCP open, and talk2m.com not blocked. Anything i can do for helping them find out what was wrong?

RE: eWON configuration - simon - 12-06-2017

The VPN connection seems to be blocked by something (even if everybody says the contrary ;-) )
Where is your eWON located ? What is its serial number?

By the way, the local distributor is the best positioned to answer this kind of questions.