Switch to desktop version  
Camera sometimes do not work on M2Web - Printable Version

+- Ewon Technical Forum (https://techforum.ewon.biz)
+-- Forum: Development (https://techforum.ewon.biz/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Web Pages/viewON/Talk2M Visualization (https://techforum.ewon.biz/forum-55.html)
+--- Thread: Camera sometimes do not work on M2Web (/thread-188.html)

Camera sometimes do not work on M2Web - simon - 12-12-2016

When cameras are using plugin like ActiveX, Flash, JAVA applet... you cannot access them through M2Web.

The trick is to get the URL that access directly to the JPEG video stream (usually via cgi script) or to an image snapshot.  You can do that by searching on the web or by spying the camera webpage with your web browser debugger.
To make it convenient for the user, you can these links via a custom page hosted into the eWON.  In case of an "image snapshot" link, it will also help to refresh the image automatically.

See attached some examples.

RE: Camera sometimes do not work on M2Web - Marvin - 24-04-2017

I downloaded all 3 attachments which you shared above. All are very effective to understand the trick to access directly to the JPEG video stream.

RE: Camera sometimes do not work on M2Web - abdelaziz17 - 26-09-2018

(12-12-2016, 03:25 PM)Simon Wrote: When cameras are using plugin like ActiveX, Flash, JAVA applet... you cannot access them through M2Web.

The trick is to get the URL that access directly to the JPEG video stream (usually via cgi script) or to an image snapshot.  You can do that by searching on the web or by spying the camera webpage with your web browser debugger.
To make it convenient for the user, you can these links via a custom page hosted into the eWON.  In case of an "image snapshot" link, it will also help to refresh the image automatically.

See attached some examples.

how can i insert these html file to ewon, thanks

RE: Camera sometimes do not work on M2Web - simon - 26-09-2018

Hi,

Simply using your favorite FTP client (Like Filezilla).

Simon

RE: Camera sometimes do not work on M2Web - insyncs - 24-10-2019

Hi Simon,

Is its possible to have a webpabe view within an existing page and not a camera feed?

For example:

i have a project where we use a flexy to collect some data and send some commands.  the system is visible via a viewon project where we have some buttons, text displays etc.  there is a unit that we would like to connect to that has its own webserver and home page.

I'd like to show this page within my current viewon page, not as new tab / page in the browser.  is that possible?

Cheers M

RE: Camera sometimes do not work on M2Web - simon - 30-10-2019

Hi,

You may use a custom page you create yourself and use an "iframe" HTML object to display the LAN device webpage.

Simon

RE: Camera sometimes do not work on M2Web - insyncs - 30-10-2019

Thanks Simon,

I’m experimenting with this and so far it looks ok. Only problem is the html file is deleted by viewon every update.

Can I place my html file in a viewon location so it will copy the file across instead of manually copying it access after an update?

Cheers M

RE: Camera sometimes do not work on M2Web - simon - 30-10-2019

Hi,

You can just place it into /usr/yourpage.shtm and make a link like "../yourpage.shtm" to access it from viewon.

Simon

RE: Camera sometimes do not work on M2Web - LewisH304 - 21-01-2020

You’ll need to login to m2web and the eWON device separately. We definitely recommend using different passwords for higher security. You can have your browser save those passwords if needed.

I’m not sure why your customer is having to login multiple times but I would ensure that they are using the correct password. The device will need to be online in eCatcher/M2web to access it.

I use the eCatcher mobile APP on Android and I do not have to log in more than once. I use my fingerprint to log in to the eCatcher APP and then I connect to my eWON. I then navigate to my view page which prompts me for the password. That’s the only time I have to enter the password. What you are experiencing is not normal, I would try a different browser on your phone.

The logs are showing common events related to connectivity:

Once per month 'ovpn-Could not read Talk2M VPN server address, using last valid’
A brief drop in the Cellular connection can cause this.
Each hour ‘eppp-The maximum connection time has been exceeded
You have your maximum connection time set to 1 hour in the eWON device. This is used for Cellular triggered connections, not permanent WAN connection.