Switch to desktop version  
Viewon - Printable Version

+- Ewon Technical Forum (https://techforum.ewon.biz)
+-- Forum: Development (https://techforum.ewon.biz/forum-50.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Web Pages/viewON/Talk2M Visualization (https://techforum.ewon.biz/forum-55.html)
+--- Thread: Viewon (/thread-1030.html)

Pages: 1 2

Viewon - insyncs - 02-10-2019

Evening all. 

I’m using view on for a project and I’m getting a lot of issues trying to align values so I can display some parameters in a neat fashion.  

The x,y coordinations don’t appear to be working correctly. I’m using the latest version downloaded from the website. Alternatively, is there an option to add a table or grid of data to a view screen in viewon?  

Also, can I display a page “view” in a current page “view”?  I was thing about trying to make a template page that I can edit with a text editor or similar?  

I have lost some viewon project files, it’s it possible to import a project from an eWon back into viewon?

Cheers M

RE: Viewon - ziozetti - 03-10-2019

(02-10-2019, 08:28 PM)insyncs Wrote: Evening all. 

I’m using view on for a project and I’m getting a lot of issues trying to align values so I can display some parameters in a neat fashion.  

The x,y coordinations don’t appear to be working correctly. I’m using the latest version downloaded from the website. Alternatively, is there an option to add a table or grid of data to a view screen in viewon?  

Also I have problems with text align; moreover it is impossible to align groups to a fixed x,y.
x, y positioning of lines is fiddly but possible.

Quote:Also, can I display a page “view” in a current page “view”?  I was thing about trying to make a template page that I can edit with a text editor or similar?  

I have lost some viewon project files, it’s it possible to import a project from an eWon back into viewon?

Cheers M

Unfortunately it's not possible to "export" source code from compiled project. Once I lost sources of a project and I had to rebuild everything from scratch.

RE: Viewon - insyncs - 03-10-2019

Hi Ziozetti, have you tried using another html developer package? Thinking of using another package, but have no experience of how the functions will work?

Presumably if we copy the JS files the write commands will work??

RE: Viewon - insyncs - 04-10-2019

Hi Support,

I notice when I copy and paste some items, the Unique ID (UID) also gets copied? Even if I assign new properties, the actions for the copied function is used. Instead of manual creating every button every time, can I change the UID in the page with a test editor, or is that asking for trouble!

I need a few buttons and resizing and labelling them will take forever!

Cheers M

RE: Viewon - AngelaT - 04-10-2019

(04-10-2019, 08:17 AM)insyncs Wrote: Hi Support,

I notice when I copy and paste some items, the Unique ID (UID) also gets copied?  Even if I assign new properties, the actions for the copied function is used.  Instead of manual creating every button every time, can I change the UID in the page with a test editor, or is that asking for trouble!

Cheers M
Yes, I do it pretty regularly.  You just have to be a little careful that you change exactly what you intend.  I speak from experience when I say, make a copy of that svg just in case before you make any edits.

RE: Viewon - insyncs - 04-10-2019

(04-10-2019, 02:40 PM)AngelaT Wrote:

I notice when I copy and paste some items, the Unique ID (UID) also gets copied?  Even if I assign new properties, the actions for the copied function is used.  Instead of manual creating every button every time, can I change the UID in the page with a test editor, or is that asking for trouble!

Cheers M
Yes, I do it pretty regularly.  You just have to be a little careful that you change exactly what you intend.  I speak from experience when I say, make a copy of that svg just in case before you make any edits.

Thanks Angela.

how do you change the UID? add a digit to the number, or just replace the last few digits with a new number sequence?

RE: Viewon - AngelaT - 04-10-2019

(04-10-2019, 08:04 PM)insyncs Wrote:
(04-10-2019, 02:40 PM)AngelaT Wrote:

Cheers M

Thanks Angela.

how do you change the UID? add a digit to the number, or just replace the last few digits with a new number sequence?
I usually change it to a word that makes it more identifiable.  UID_Stop_Button is way easier for me to remember when I'm writing my javascript function than bunch of random numbers.

RE: Viewon - insyncs - 06-10-2019

Ok thanks!

It works with buttons, but image visibility functions don’t like tampering with UID.

RE: Viewon - bryancit - 22-11-2019

I too am having trouble with the x,y coord in viewon. For me it is the worst with text components. If I copy/paste they all have the same x,y no matter where they are located on the page. Anybody found a solution yet? Thanks!

RE: Viewon - simon - 05-06-2020

Hi,

Sorry for the very late answer.

I simulate the same but it does not seem to make a problem in the generated screen.
Could you tell me why it is important for you ?

Simon

RE: Viewon - insyncs - 05-06-2020

Hi Simon,

When laying out a screen, I try to have all the text and values organised so they all start say 10 pixels in and 50 pixels from the top for the first item, then 10 in and 100 from the top and so on. 

If you select a new text function every time from menu and place onto your canvas, you can assign x,y coordinates. But once you have edited a text function and formatted colour, font, size etc it would be nice just to copy and paste this formatted text and just change the description. 

However, when you C&P the formatted text, the original text coordinates are also copied and no mater where you place the text on the canvas, you cannot align the text to a x,y position in the same way as the original text. You have to eyeball into the correct position. 

Working on a few viewon projects at the moment so can give you a live demo via screen share if you like?

I also have another niggle, all items are svg so they resize automatically?  The buttons don’t resize correctly and look odd on different screens also. I can send a screenshot if it helps?

We are using more and more eWons, in all our projects, we love them!  Viewon is a great free tool, and it allows us to bring some real benefit to our projects. It can be very buggy and frustrating and could be so much better.   Are there any plans to update viewon?

Cheers M

RE: Viewon - simon - 26-06-2020

Hi,

Regarding the alignment of your object, I suggest you use the "Transfor > Align" Menus. These work pretty well.

I think the button is not really a SVG object, so could be different depending on the system you use to display the view.
You could use a Rectangle instead ?

Yes, there will be a viewON update that will be released in the coming days ;-)

Simon

RE: Viewon - insyncs - 26-06-2020

Great thanks Simon!

RE: Viewon - insyncs - 31-07-2020

Hi Simon,

just watched one of the HMS viewon demo videos. on the main viewon dashboard, they have some nice symbols that dont come with the viewon software as standard, are you able to share these other symbols?

Cheers M

RE: Viewon - simon - 31-07-2020

Hi,

All the new symbols are installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\viewON\workspace\Symbols
Actually when you install viewON on a fresh PC, viewON creates the directory C:\Users\side\Documents\viewON Projects and copy the symbols from the program files. However, if you have already installed a previous version of viewon and so, the directory C:\Users\side\Documents\viewON Projects already exists, it does not copy the symbols.

So, here, you just have to copy the new symbols from C:\Program Files (x86)\viewON\workspace\Symbols to C:\Users\side\Documents\viewON Projects\Symbols

You have also each symbol detailed in https://techforum.ewon.biz/forum-56.html

PS Happy you like them. If you have some new ideas of new Symbols, let Jean-Yves know. He will be delighted to create it for you

Simon